All culture arises out of religion. When religious faith decays, culture must decline, though often seeming to flourish for a space of time after the religion which has nourished it has fallen into disbelief... no cultured person should remain indifferent to the erosion of apprehension of the transcendent.'

Russell Kirk, Eliot and His Age

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Well, I take it back

I just experienced a grace-filled Easter Vigil Mass with my children (who were both over-tired and well-behaved... hence, the grace-filled)... It really reminded of why I love the Church and why I ended up converting to begin with.

I actually received my confirmation at Easter Vigil Mass in 2002 and so, I guess, it will always remain close to me.

We also watched The Passion of the Christ last night, which I have not seen in nearly 7 years. The film is still amazing and inspiring (even though Mel Gibson has gone off the deep end recently... pray for his reconversion).

Overall, this has been a glorious Lent and looks to be a glorious Easter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment