All culture arises out of religion. When religious faith decays, culture must decline, though often seeming to flourish for a space of time after the religion which has nourished it has fallen into disbelief... no cultured person should remain indifferent to the erosion of apprehension of the transcendent.'

Russell Kirk, Eliot and His Age

Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm Baaaack...

Well, I have been off-line for about 3 years now and I am sure that very few, if any, of you will remember my old blog concernedcatholic. At the time, I was a graduate student at a fairly liberal university and was threatened with exposure as a Catholic... ;)

I looked at my options and eventually ended up closing my blog and moving on to other things.

In that time, many things have happened. I have had more kids (4 now) and have left the Academy to pursue a job teaching at a Catholic high school. I own a home and am no longer dependent on the whims of crazy academics for livelihood.

Also, I have been repeatedly urged to return to my cultural commentary by family, friends, and my faith.

Things have changed in this country since I last blogged... we have a new president... we are in a recession... we have nationalized healthcare... it is, indeed, a very different place... but we are still at war, still under threat from secularists and modernists, and still losing the culture wars.

With all that in mind, I begin my new foray into blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment